August 15, 2012

The Tiny Hollow House

The last few weeks I've been working on building a small "house" at the Hollow.  It's purpose is three fold.  First, to provide a place to keep tools, chairs and other items I don't want to haul in every time I'm there.  Second, somewhere we can crash when we are there on the weekends.  Third, I'm going to try out some finish materials I'm considering using on the "Big Hollow House" I'm designing. The building site is a little over a quarter mile from the road so I have to haul all the material in with the Ranger on trails that are not flat or smooth...so far I've only had one trip where I lost a couple sheets of OSB.  I'm ordering a window and shopping for siding this weekend.  Here is the progress so far:

Day One:  Hauling gravel - Not Fun

Day Two:  Material for foundation & floor framing
Day Three:  Floor framing & foundation complete

Day Four: Subfloor & deck framing

Day five: Back wall Framing

Day six: Back and side walls complete

Day seven: Door & window rough openings & roof framing

Day eight: Rough framing complete

No comments: